School Holiday Programs
“Our very pensive Harvey has had a wonderful day, “We wrote a story but in a REALLY fun way!!!” – Anne, parent
Our School Holiday programs are both fun and educational, what’s more, every day is different! As with all of our programs writing and creating stories remains the focus, but, school holiday programs provide young writers with a broad range of activities and prompts all based around a unique theme for that particular day. At any given Melbourne Young Writers’ Studio holiday program a young writer can expect games, crafts, character building, team activities and of course, bucket loads of fun!
- Our school holiday programs are ideally suited to young writers aged 7 – 12, however all school aged young writers are welcome as long as they can write a full sentences without assistance.
- ‘All holiday programs run from 9am until 3pm unless otherwise stated’.
- Parents and carers are invited to arrive for pickup at 2.50pm if they would like to hear some of what has been written. We usually do a little reading at the end of each day.
- All young writers must bring their own lunches and snacks for the day. We provide water, and on hot days we provide a natural fruit juice icy pole in the afternoon. Lunch usually happens between 12pm – 1pm.
- We have a nut free policy and do not allow young writers to share food.
- A parent, guardian, or carer must sign each young writer in and out.
Upcoming Holiday Programs
The Cardboard Labyrinth: Part 1 – Monday the 23rd of September
The Cardboard Labyrinth: Part 2 – Wednesday the 25th of September
Young writers are welcome to join us on the adventure for part 1, part 2 or both.
Potions Class – Monday 30th September
Join us as we gather around the cauldron in our studio and concoct some stories. After making our own quills we’ll be taking inspiration from a book about a boy with a lightening scar, as together we portkey into the wizarding world for an afternoon of fan fiction and Potter quizzes.